Friday, January 05, 2007

A new Gallery show!


***
BAD! Kitty Art Studio
Thinking Out Loud
***
Why are we Masters of our Fate, the captains of our souls?
Because we have the power to control our thoughts, our attitudes.
That is why many people live in the withering negative world.
That is why many people live in the Positive Faith world.
And you don't have to be a
poet or a philosopher
to know which is best.

Alfred Montapert
***
I am not Average.
I am not Afraid.
I am not Small.
I am not Unlovable.
I am not Leave-able.
I am not Avoiding my future.
I am not just a Gender.
I am not a definition of Anything.
I am not Exploitable.
I am not a Number.
I am not going to ever give up.
I am not just a Human.
I am not a Prophet.
I am not your Messiah.
I am not afraid to be my own God.
I am not unethical.
I am not a liar.
I am not what you think.
I am not Ordinary.
I am not afraid to go First.
I am Me and that is good
and enough.
I am a machine of love
programed for living.
***
What are you NOT?
Write it down, I'd love to hear it.
I got my solo show! I will be showing at the Center for the Arts in Danville in April.
I am very excited and the Gallery is so huge and beautiful, with it's huge and elegant marble staircase, amazing curved windows, interior (and exterior) pillars, expansive space and 16 foot ceilings...I just love it.
The only thing is...they requested not my new works, but a Fairy World show...so I will be painting some new Fairy Worlds to fill out the series which has all but sold out (Nationally & Internationally), save the two works I kept. I look forward to the challenge and the new Fairy Worlds that I will create for the new show. That will make Fairy World my largest, most reviewed and best selling series to date. If you want to see the series you can find it at my website...links are abundant, just hit one. :)
I am crossing my fingers for a sell-out show. I will be on the front page of the newspaper too...pretty cool huh? I think so!
Well, I have sick children home from school today, and a pile of creative ideas to organize, sort, and create anew...here's to exciting new goals in the New Year!
May the world be yours today.
Heather
www.badkittyartstudio.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats just doesn't seem like enough here. You go Heather!! Good luck!!!

Heather said...

Thank you so much Amber, I really appreciate it!
Love,
Heather