Wednesday, December 27, 2006

New Work In Progress- Release of Sorrows-day 2

New Art work in progress
'Release of Sorrows'
oils
Day 2
***
Almost there, I have to wait for it to dry and then I can do the fine detail work on the hand and feet...and some other places too...but the background should dry solid and good. I am really happy with the way it is going, I decided to do a monochromatic palette and that isn't easy for the queen of jewel tones to do. This time I used:
Earth Red, Earth Orange, Payne's Gray, Naples Yellow hue light and medium, and flake white.
I worked the charcoal drawing underneath first with walnut oil to give me my darkest colors and tones.
So, I should be able to work on it some more in a day or two...whew! It's been a long day at the easel and now I have to attend to household chores and dinner.
Yeah! (NOT)
So, off I go to play with the boys, make them help me with the house that they have totally destroyed while I painted, and then ask every ones favorite question..."What do you feel like for dinner?"
Belch!
Tell me what you think of the new work...this is a dance pose...and to be honest I didn't think I could execute the drawing, let alone the painting...it's hard as heck!
Love to all,
Heather
www.badkittyartstudio.com

No comments: