Sunday, September 27, 2009

New Art, #2 in Pin-Up series 'Betty'

Betty’ from The Pin-Up Series #2
Oils
18″ x 24″
Back stapled gallery canvas with finished sides, needs no frame
Comes ready to hang
Available on my web site for purchase (in the 2009 gallery)

Betty was fun to work with. She’s a high flying, adrenaline junkie. I mean she would have to be right? Those kicks on a rope ladder? Well she’s a might more brave than I am at the very least.

This series is turning out to be a lot of fun to do and I am once again enjoying myself and painting what ever pleases me. The economy can do what it likes and the bone crushing wheels of capitalism can keep turning, and I’ll be here painting what ever I like and loving my life. Waiting for the fickle light of this economy to shed its light on me once again. I am enjoying this respite from the shows and constant marketing and loving the fact that I am a artist…in good times and in bad…I am an artist. That’s enough for me right now. Sales like I am used to (over the past 11 years of being a full-time artist) will return to better levels…someday. I can wait. This has been good for me, I am self directing my artwork in a way that has not been entirely possible for many years. I am not painting what is selling, I am for now, painting what feels good and re-discovering my work in a new way. It’s really great. As you can see I’ve not quit marketing all together, but the traveling shows were just not an option this year and that’s ok!


Hey, oh yeah…todays my birthday. I am 40. Can you belive that? I mean really…me 40?! WTF? Well…Okay, it’s not so bad…I’m having a relaxing day at home with the family. My Mate Man has just acquired a new job, one much more befitting of his abilities I might add, and after waiting for 18 months to get this job, we are all very happy for him. My kids are both on the honor roll for the first term, now continuing a 3 year run of both of them being on the honor roll every grading period. It’s cool that they are into school and getting as much out of it as they can. We are now in middle school and they still want to do their best…no complaints from this corner. We now have insurance again too…I mean three years with no health coverage was a living hell and expensive too. I’m all for reform and a public option, but I am also relived that we are no longer in that boat for the time being. Whew! I can get my cancer panels done and my sore tooth fixed. Life is good I tell you.


So, in short my, life is getting pretty groovy after three years of crapola. And thats great and all, but I guess the nicest thing is that all of the getting better stuff really has not changed me/us. I was happy even when we were poor and struggling every day (that was three days ago, btw) because I choose to be happy. So now that it’s easier to be happy,( and it is easier to be happy with money and health insurance, Oh yeah it is) I’m still just happy that my family is whole and well and this is just a chapter in the story. Nothing last forever, so we will just enjoy the good times as well as we did the bad. 40 years of living hard as taught me well…I choose happy. No matter what is going on. I choose happy and love first…the rest is all logistics. Every day above ground is good. Keep it simple and choose happy where you can. Train your mind for the situation at hand, what ever that may be.
Be well and have a great day!
Heather
http://www.badkittyartstudio.com

No comments: