Monday, September 21, 2009

New Art, #1 in New Series. This is Lola

Lola’
18″ x 24″
oils
Gallery wrapped canvas with finished sides and back staples.
Comes ready to hang, no frame needed
Available for purchase at my web site.

Here’s the quote that goes along with her:

She didn’t mean to be sexy that moment, but even a winter nightgown couldn’t hide that lovely outline. When will I outgrow my simple-minded fascination with the form she had happened to choose for her body? Never, I thought ~Richard Bach

Lola is the first of a new little series I want to explore right now…yes another thing I am checking out. I know, I just can’t seem to stop myself. This is all about fun for me right now, if it makes me smile or laugh I want to express it in paint. So, for now a little side jaunt to the garages and barber shops of my youth where pin-up girls where all the rage and tolerated by the women folk well enough, as long as it wasn’t in your face. When just about everybody has jobs, homes and a car or two. People where happy to have survived the wars and were ready for a little peace and prosperity. You know the late 70’s and early 80’s! Yup, I had you going there, didn’t I? *wink, wink*
I loved those pin-up girls back then and thought they looked like they were having a good time in life, happy and free; drawn and colored into perfection. They would never look like Kate Moss, and it was cool, and they were sexy and beautiful. At least in calendars, it was all possible.

Well, they say what goes around, comes back around at sometime…and besides I like to leave you all wondering what the heck will that BAD! Kitty do next? You just never know.

Take care and I’ll see you all in the funny pages.
Heather
http://www.badkittyartstudio.com
Support living artists, buy some art today

No comments: