Friday, July 31, 2009

New Art- Stand True







'Stand True’
18″ x 24″
oils
back stapled canvas, finished sides, ready to hang, needs no frame
Will be available at
web site shortly
Here is the quote that helped inspire the work:
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom the emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed. ~
Albert Einstein
Stand True started as an experiment with oil paint, texture and powdered metals. Without really thinking too much, I spent time on how I felt about what I was doing instead of having a plan from the start. I like the textures, the repeated circles are very serene, the colors are muted but rich, and the figure is from a dream I had recently. It is under painted a deep crimson red and then brushed with a rich ancient gold. I kept seeing this image carved into the buildings of the town that I was in, in my dream. So, the next morning, before I could loose the image, I ran in and sketched it onto the background. I thought it was interesting and made me feel powerful looking at it. Like I can stand true and take whatever comes and make it into something beautiful, something powerful, something real and more than just an artwork…a message, a healing, a talisman, a sigil. I think it works.
Thanks for being here today, I hope you enjoyed.
Heather
http://www.badkittyartstudio.com
Art from the edge, looking back
Support living artists, buy some art today

No comments: