Thursday, July 23, 2009

New Art- Blue Moon & Zoltans Dive

Blue Moon
18″ x 24″ x 2″
Oils
Ready to hang, thick box canvas w/ painted sides needs no frame
Here is the quote that goes with this work:
“We are the music-makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea breakers, And sitting by desolate streams; World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams: Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world forever, it seems. “
Arthur William Edgar O’Shaughnessy

Zoltans Dive”
18″ x 24″
oils
back stapled canvas, needs no frame, painted sides
Ready to hang
Here is the quote that goes with this work:
“Everything the Power of the World does is in a circle. The Sky is round and I have heard that the earth is round like a ball and so are all the stars. The Wind, in its greatest power, whirls. Birds make their nests in circles. … The sun comes forth and goes down again in a circle. The moon does the same, and both are round. Even the seasons form a great circle in their changing, and always come back again to where they were.”
John Neihardt

and this one too:
The great lesson from the true mystics, from the Zen monks, and now also from the Humanistic and Transpersonal psychologists, is that the sacred is in the ordinary, that it is to be found in one’s daily life…in one’s own backyard.
Abraham Maslow

My newest works; I completed them in tandem. Both are limited palette paintings, both are moody and mysterious. Rich in colors and tone. The Moon painting is bright even in darkness, which is of course, what I was going for…like the moon, it glows just a little.
The bird painting is inspired by the Dark Tower series of books by Stephan King. I’m re-reading the series at the moment and one character always strikes my imaginary muse…Zoltan the giant mutant raven. So here is my version of Zoltan…as he puts the moon to bed for another day. His eyes really get me, he looks serious about his job. I like his work ethic.

I’ve been working in studio again, I admit it feels really good to be back in a groove. More work coming in the days ahead, so stay tuned. Both of these paintings will be available shortly at the web site.

Thanks for being here today, I sure appreciate it. Please leave me a comment, I get lonely up in here, talk to me.

Heather
http://www.badkittyartstudio.com
Support living artists, buy some art today

1 comment:

Vikki North said...

Both beautiful and dreamy works. ‘What Dreams May Come’ and Edgar Alan Poe’s ‘The Crow’ came to mind for me.

World of swirling clouds and moon lit sky forever asking the question ‘why’.

Love that you use gallery wrapped canvas. Your work and materials are first class all the way.
Vikki