Thursday, November 29, 2007

Been tagged about ten times now, so here it is, 7 random things about me.

Close up of Mississippi Grrrl
Oil Pastels and collage (2007)
***

Ok, I've been tagged by a bunch of people, I've played this game over the years about a dozen times, so there's not much left to tell…but I will give it a go. I'm not tagging anyone else, so if you wanna be tagged…well, just wait five minutes someone will get you. :)




OK:


1. I hate the idea of feet touching me. This is why I had a hard time making it as a MLT, because people came to me with stinky feet and I washed every ones feet before I touched them…it was a hassle, but my clients loved it because they thought I was just being nice and kept coming in with really gross feet. I had to call it quits after awhile. (I know, I know)




2. I don't drink pop or let anyone in my house drink pop, I am the pop- a- nator.




3. I hate black eyed peas, cauliflower and brussel sprouts.




4. I don't like to shop at all, I will go shopping with a list and a timer, get in, get out.




5. I make all my Christmas presents every year, and have been doing handmade Christmas's for over 10 years.




6. I don't like girl clothes or shoes, (off the rack) they cost more, don't fit me, and wear out faster. So I buy most of my clothes second hand, spiff them up with embellishments, and I wear men's shoes/boots. I do love my skirts and dresses (for the summer time), and I buy them from people who make clothing. I love hats, the funnier the better and I wear them all the time just to make people smile at me in public.




7. Because of a stroke during childbirth (#3) I lost most of the vision in my right eye (I can see about 10% out of that eye, like looking at the world from under dark water), and have no depth perception at all in that eye. I can still hit a target at 60 yards with no sights (I am an archer, and I sight down the arrow) and put 6 arrows in the center of a target…all together, btw that's a space the size of a quarter and at 60 yards looks like the size of a dime.




OK, I did it. No more tagging of me please!




Have a great day all.


Love, love, Love.


Heather


4 comments:

andrea said...

I'm with you on #4! What's an MLT?

Heather said...

Crap! I meant LMT...Massage therapist. Dyslexia, is such a pain in the ass. Dyslexics Unite! Hahahaha

San said...

Heather,

Something tells me we won't be seeing that many feet paintings from you!

You and I both have weak right eyes. My depth perception is very poor too, and I don't believe I could begin to hit a target with that kind of accuracy. I do believe, however, that since I've had lowered vision, I "feel" things more. When we lived in California, I could feel earthquake tremors in my gut, for example. Perception is weird, isn't it? Magic comes into play.

I like that Mississippi Grrl with the birds flying in her eyes!

Cynthia said...

Wow - didn't know that about the stroke in childbirth and diminished eye sight.

I had a feeling you meant LMT - but thought well, what do I know - it could be a new branch of holistic medicine or something. An off shoot of reflexology or something.

I have to be in the mood to shop - I just can't go to the mall and wander aimlessly. I hate grocery shopping, yet like to eat....

Memes are good for inbound links though.

Have a great weekend!