Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Art is not what you see, but what you make others see. ~Degas

BAD! Kitty Art Studio
(above) The Moon and the Magic Man
2005 (sold)
Quote(s) for today:


The more you seek security, the less of it you have. But the more you seek opportunity, the more likely it is that you will achieve the security that you desire.
~ Brian Tracy

***


If the world were extremely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world, and a desire to enjoy the world. That makes it hard to plan the day.

~William Allen White


***


You desire a popular art? Begin by having a "people" whose minds are liberated, a people not crushed by misery and ceaseless toil, not brutalized by every superstition and every fanaticism, a people of itself, and victor in the fight that is being waged today.


~Romain Rolland (1866 - 1944)


***

I am sure that I am going to explode. Heather Pie all over the walls. I might be having a wee bit of stress...you think?
It's all good...really. I have not been sleeping well and work is overwhelming me...and the art is taking a back seat to my daily life, and lemme tell you, I feel crazy when I can't work in the studio.
CRAZY I say!
OY!
***
So anyway, over at Zaadz I joined the Zpro part of the site. It gives me a bunch of great business tools, my favorite so far is the newsletter. I will have my first newsletter real soon! I sent out opt-in emails last night...and then got to work on creating my first newsletter. I hope to have it out in less than a week. Some of you may have already gotten your opt-in email from me...but if you have not and would like to sign up, just click here and hit subscribe. I plan to make it a fun romp every month. I am also looking for volunteers to be interviewed once a month for that part of the NL (newsletter)...so if you would like to be promoted in my NL, just email me HERE.
Well that's about all for today folks,
I have to move and groove and shake the earth.
Love with Rockets to you all,
Heather
www.badkittyartstudio.com
OK...just buy some art today, if not from me, than from another living artist that resonates with you. (there are many wonderful artists in my side bar...pick one! Or just let it be me. :)

12 comments:

jafabrit said...

Zaadz looks like a nice site. Enjoyed your quotes and post.

Heather said...

Thanks for stopping by Jayesh.
Jafabrit: Thanks babe! :)

Sweet and Salty said...

That painting is so beautiful, whimsical, mysterious, all at the same time! You're are really talented...

Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed the Brian Tracy quote. And I know what you mean about being taken away from your art and making you crazy. I feel the same way when I can't get to my creative writing - technical writing just aint the same. :)

Heather said...

Pavel: Thanks, I really appreciate that kindness. :) *blush*
Kathy!!! I know Brian really rocks me sometimes. I miss you! I hope all is well in Portland for you guys. :)

Sheree Rensel said...

Yes Kitty! You tell em! Buy some art!! I hear so many artists screaming these words lately! I just made another blog. I even included a "TIP JAR"! LOL LOL LOL
Keep up the great blog and good luck with sales!
:-)
Sheree Rensel
http://www.pleasebuymyart.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

Hi Sheree! Thank you for stopping by! I looked at your work...it Rocks! Everyone Sheree is now in my blog roll...let's make her feel welcome here in our little clan...and everyone....please buy some art! :)

Cynthia said...

I always love your quotes, Heather- I'm not sure where you find them, but they hit the spot.

I noticed your Zaadz opt in email - and it looks very professional. I may have to check it out.

Heather said...

Cynthia the quotes come from my own books and research and the ones with links come from Zaadz. Zaadz has the largest collection of quotes in the world...it's great fun to read thru them and pick the one that resonates with me for the day. It is also a great way to un-block myself for writing or creating...check it out. :)

The Lone Beader® said...

The magic man is beautiful:)

Gloria Baker Feinstein said...

Thank you so much for contributing comments to my blog. I so appreciate the postive feedback. Now that I have found yours, I will stay tuned and get to know your work, as well. I've just started reading some of the quotes and am feeling inspired already!

Heather said...

Thanks LB!
Gloria: Thanks so much for stopping by my place, I so love your work, and I feel honored that you came by. Everyone... Gloria's blog is in the side bar now and she takes the most amazing, moving photos I have seen in many a moon. Check her out and spread the love!