Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The degree to which you accept your limitations determines the degree to which you find you're unlimited. ~Unknown




Bad Kitty Art Studio

News Flash!

I AM PAINTING TODAY!
the flood gates are re-open!

woot!

***

Thanks for ripping my heart out.
After the initial pain of removal subdued,
I noticed that it got a chance to breathe new air.
Now that I took it back and placed it back in,
it works better than ever.
-- ahhhhh

~Luther Lotz

***
Your unrest is the last cramp in your legs
as you climb this mountain.
Rest awhile, if you like.
But do not return to your old house.
It is not your home any longer.
~ Shyamananda
***

"I believed in belief, for its own shining sake.

To believe in the face of utter hopelessness, every article of evidence to the contrary, to ignore apparent catastrophe-what other choice was there?

We do it every day, I realized.

We are so much stronger than we imagine, and belief is one of the most valiant and long-lived human characteristics.

To believe, when all along we humans know that nothing can cure the briefness of this life,

that there is no remedy for our basic mortality,

that is a form of bravery."

"To continue believing in yourself, believing in the doctors, believing in the treatment, believing in whatever I chose to believe in, that was the most important thing, I decided. It had to be."

"Without belief, we would be left with nothing but an overwhelming doom, every single day.

And it will beat you.

I didn't fully see, until the cancer, how we fight every day against the creeping negatives of the world,

how we struggle daily against the slow lapping of cynicism.

Dispiritedness and disappointment, these are the real perils of life, not some sudden illness or cataclysmic millennium doomsday.

I knew now why people fear cancer:

because it is a slow and inevitable death,

it is the very definition of cynicism and loss of spirit...

So, I believed.

Cancer taught me a plan for more purposeful living, and that in turn taught me how to train and to win more purposefully.

It taught me that pain has a reason, and that sometimes the experience of losing things-whether health or a car or an old sense of self-has its own value in the scheme of life.

Pain and loss are great enhancers."

~Lance Armstrong

***
Thank you for ripping my heart out.
Your unrest is the last cramp in your legs
as you climb this mountain.
I believed in belief,
for it's own shinning sake.
Pain and loss are
great enhancers.

That is all.

Keep the faith,

Heather

No comments: