Friday, May 25, 2007

True success is overcoming the fear of being unsuccessful




BAD! Kitty Art Studio

Quote for the day:

***

We do not succeed in changing things according to our desire, but gradually our desire changes. The situation that we hoped to change because it was intolerable becomes unimportant. We have not managed to surmount the obstacle, as were absolutely determined to do, but life has taken us around it, led us past it, and then if we turn around to gaze at the remote past, we can barely catch sight of it, so imperceptible has it become.

~Marcel Proust

***

Hello all...I have good news!

Yesterday I found out that I have been accepted into new shows.

The first one is the Divine Intervention Show, being held in Fort Collins, Colorado at the Oriental Theater...in August.

The second is: Ann Arbor's South University Art Fair as part of the Emerging Artists Program. The dates for this years show are July 18th - July 21st.

And the third is not one that I didn't know about but it's finally coming up and I am really proud to be a part of it: The Journey of Hope Walk and fund raiser. I will be donating one of my largest works to this event to help raise funds for the incredible work that Janice and Amber are doing. Hit the link and find out more, support this event if you can.


So, that's all real good news huh? I have never been to Ann Arbor and I am now trying to figure out how I will afford the time and money to participate...but thats OK, because I am really happy to be accepted...it's something I have tried to get into for the last three years... and I did it!

Woot! For me. I also got three rejections yesterday...so it's a numbers game, for sure. One of the rejections was from a gallery I really respect in Boston...and the gallery owner said that she wished she had more space for my work, but that she will contact me for the next show if my stuff fits in...and either way she wants to talk to me about future shows and possible representation...so it was not a flat rejection at all...we are talking via email now...cool beans!


I have another busy day ahead...a long weekend ahead of me...and many miles to go before I sleep...so I better get to it.
I hope everyone has a great day.

Only ten hours to Friday Happy hour...today's special is...

Cranberry Martini's!
Yummy...do you want yours shaken or stirred? :)

Heather





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Cranberry martinis? Oooh! Shaken or stirred doesn't matter - I just want one!

:)

Anonymous said...

Excellent quotes - and what I needed to hear today.

Cranberry Martinis - yum! I can't wait for the Berry Daquiris available in August at Stanford's in the Tanasbourne area. :)

Cynthia said...

Congratulations on your show acceptances! Are you travelling to Ft. Collins? It's just up the road from me if you are. : )

I know I need enter some shows myself!!