Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Hound Dog, Hound Dog Where you been?

Notes To A New
Moon:
Today is May 11, 2004.

"Sanity is a choice."
~ Luis Villalobos
“Sanity is a cozy lie.
~Susan Sontag
"I suppose it is much more comfortable to be mad and not know it than to be sane and have one's doubts."
~ George Brown Burgin
(1856-1944)
English Novelist
"MAD, adj. Affected with a high degree of intellectual independence; at odds with the majority; in short, unusual. It is noteworthy that persons are pronounced mad by officials destitute of evidence that themselves are sane."
~ Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)
American satirist
from The Devil's Dictionary by Ambrose Bierce
"It has been seen that the object of a sane upbringing is increasingly to direct all emotion towards objects which involve other people. Now basically the situation of being finite is an infinitely frustrating one, which would be expected to arouse sensations of desperation and aggression — as indeed it may sometimes be seen to do in very young children. I am aware that I must be careful, in using the word aggression, to state that I do not mean aggression directed towards people. What I mean is an impersonal drive directed against reality — it is difficult to give examples but it may be presumed that geniuses who are at all worthy of the name preserve a small degree of this. However, since all emotion must be directed towards people, it is obvious that the only form of aggression which a sane person can understand is aggression against people, which is probably better described as sadism or cruelty."
~ Celia Green
"The way to do research is to attack the facts at the point of greatest astonishment."
~ Celia Green
*************
Mothers Day was very nice.
I spent the day getting help
from all my men folk
doing all the things that I have wanted to
get done since we moved in here.
We have not unpacked the decorative stuff
Just the essentials
Because we have had so
Much living to do.
Life always gets in the way of
My decorating.
So that was great,
And because I wrote the Mother’s day part 1
Way before hand
(of the holiday itself)
it was mostly
Out of my head
I didn’t think about it all that much.
That’s why I have been gone from these pages
For the last few days.
I didn’t want to risk uncovering some
Nasty
Thing
And destroy what little calmness
I had created.
So
I didn’t
Write.
I wanted to
Write.
***
My middle child turned 7
The day before
(Mothers Day)
Yes, he was born on Mothers Day
7 short years ago.
One of my most painful presents
Ever.
We had a wonderful day
He got his first big boy bike
And learned to ride it in
Exactly
2 minutes flat.
He is now working on learning to jump
The curb and do
Pop a wheelies
Like his older brother.
All my children are magically gifted
I know all children are
But
Shut up…
My
Middle child is athletically gifted.
He never crawled
He was walking and talking
In sentences
(The sentences were mainly in what sounded like Dutch
We just figured he was channeling :)
He has always liked his Daddy Best
He cried for the first 36 hours of his life
He is amazingly full of
Power
And
Energy
He looks just like his daddy
When he was a baby we called him
The Nitro Baby.
He can play every sport there is
Within a few minutes of
Learning it.
He has an amazing arm
And can throw anything
With speed and accuracy
(usually at one of his brother’s heads)
He did not come with
Built in volume control.
He is a ball hog.
He is the pickiest eater on the planet.
Sometimes he makes us call him
The Game Master. When he is winning the
Video Games.
He is so special and
Full of life.
I love him so
He is my miracle baby
Now seven
They grow so fast.
***
I have been working on the mural project
The last few days.
I was
blocked
I had not come up with anything
As of yesterday morning…
I hate that panicky
Sick feeling
That tells you to hang it up
The muse is dead
You are a hack.
I was getting ready to call them and say
I am drawing a blank
You are going to have to find
Some
One
Else.
Of course
just as I gave up
I thought of a way to make it work
Yesterday afternoon
I think it will be lovely.
The mural is about
Life Skills
How apropos is that?
The Universe will always provide
That’s for sure.
***
No one has bought anything lately
I am in a bugger of a slump
As far as sales go.
What the hell is up with that?
I am terrific…go buy something!
Mama needs a new pair of shoes…
Literally.
My mates work schedule is all farked up
This week and I kind of like it
He works swing most of the time
I wish he could always work days
We see so much more of him.
***
I have yet to say anything of merit here
Are you disappointed?
How would I know?
You never write,
Or send flowers
Or write me love songs
Any m-o-r-e
Don’t cha know?
***
I have found some really great blogs
And web rings
New ones
I’ll add them to my page (s) later
You’ll like them too.
The next part of the life story is coming up
It’s sitting in queue
In my
Back
Brain.
I will let it out as soon as I know what it is
Going to be all about
Stay tuned for more
Dirt
Piles
***
Sanity
Is the subject matter
I am working on this week.
Finding
Searching
For
That comfortable
place
And its definition.
It seems to shift
for me constantly
Sometimes
I tell myself
(insert Theory of One here)
“self, you can’t be crazy
coz if you weren’ crazy
why then you wouldn’t be ah
havin this here conversation
with yourself.”
Or maybe
That’s crazy?
Sanity check
On aisle four!
That’s a
SANITY
Check On
Aisle Four
Please!
Oh never mind
I don’t want to hold up the line,
I’ll just put that back,
I didn’t really need it
Anyway.
***
Just Today, Just Imagine.
Growing in Truth,

H
***

No comments: