Friday, July 18, 2008

Max Stone: Young Artist At Large



I’d like to introduce you all to an up and coming young artist named Max Stone. He is now working in the BAD! Kitty Art Studio and has a web page on the Bad! Kitty web site. (we will be updating his web page over the weekend with his new works and words)


Max is 9 years old ( going to be 10 in October) is in the 4th grade. He has just started his own
blog to talk about his art and other things that interest him. It’s a pleasure to work in studio with such a creative force as Max, he knows how to have fun when he works. Max has had a true creative spirit his whole life, he loves color, texture and strong graphic subject matter. His favorite style of creating is mixed media abstract. He is currently working mostly in acrylics but has expressed recently that he would like to start learning about oils, so we will start working on that in the fall.

As Max’s Mom, Agent and Personal Bouncer I am really proud that he is ready to share his new works with the world. He is very confident and sure of himself when he works, it’s all about how he feels. We have our own working space in the studio, and he rarely if ever askes for instruction in his work. He has watched me paint for years andwill ask how to do things and even ask me to show him when I am working on my own paintings, but he never asks for me to help him on his work. He says it has to be all him, and he is sure of that. He is really a pleasure to work with. All three of my son’s are gifted in the arts, math, sciences, sports and music, but Max is the first to want to market his talents to the world at large. I’m always saying that around him, “Max, you my friend are a young artist at large!” He has no problem “talking art” with anyone anytime. When we go to galleries and look at art together, he throws in his two cents as readily as any adult present, and has often talked to the artists themselves to ask how they did something he saw and liked. It’s impressive, really. I asked him why he wanted to sell his art, and he said, “why not?” I mean it really is that simple and easy isn’t it? He wants to make his own money so he can buy more materials to work with, whatever he wants, which right now is a real stand up easel like mine. He is tired of working small canvas and wants to steal my large ones all the time, so I have taken to giving him the large works that don’t work out after a while so he can paint over them. It’s expensive being an artist, and he wants to be able to pick his own supplies, I’m raising a Man with moxie. Now that there are two working artists in the house, I am sure we will soon be insufferable. Middle child has perked up his ears to the recent “business endeavors” of his youngest sibling and has started a cartoon strip, we will soon see if he will want to publish the results or not.


Can you remember the time when kids mowed lawns, baby sat, and sold lemonade to make money? Now they can safely stay home and talk to the entire globe from their living room. Oy! The amount of vigilance I will be giving this endeavor is super high, OMG. The one thing I won’t ever do is hold anyone back from their dreams, so if he feels ready to take on the world, I’m right there with and for him.
So, check out the newest artist to join forces with BAD! Kitty Art Studio and take a look a Max’s blog. We will be posting new pictures of his latest works and WIP’s later today and over the weekend, so don’t miss it.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Heather
http://www.badkittyartstudio.com
Support Living Artists
Buy some art today

1 comment:

Vikki North said...

Good for Max. He’s an artist and just needs to have his work seen. It’s in his genetic makeup. There’s no stopping him now!

When I was his age (long before the internet) I walked into a gallery, hammer and nail in hand and put up one of my paintings. Then I tapped a receipe card next to it with all my info. The gallery called my parents. Then the local newspaper called and came over for an interview with the 'great new artist.' That was my first art show!

I love kids like Max and can identify with his quest. Let ‘em rip Max!! I look forward to seeing your work.
Vikki