Saturday, April 24, 2004

Read the Notes to a New Moon Archive at
www.heatherspaintedfurniture.com

This is Notes To A New Moon. (see below) It is my new interactive art
project. I will be working on this for the next twelve months. My goal is
simple, I will be writing in my blog (online Journal) about my everyday,
ordinary life; just as I would write in my private paper journal. I will
post a new entry sometimes everyday, and sometimes only a few a
week, just as I would if it was private. I will hold nothing back, and will
just write. I am hoping that you will read something here that
resonates with you ("good" or "bad" I welcome both) and that you would
be kind enough to write to me privately (email). I will collect these
responses, and at the end of the twelve months (next April) I will send
the entire writing from my blog as well as the best of the responses
that I get, and they will be published in a book, that I am still working
on the title for. If your response makes into the book, I will send you a
free copy.
This book will be sold here, online, and as well through my
independent publisher.
I am sorry but I can not offer monetary payments for contributions
at this time. I am using an independent because they support the
nature of my work, not because they are paying me lots of money.
I would love to hear from you, please take a moment to tell me about
your thoughts and feelings, pertaining to the current subject matter,
even if it is not a "positive". I welcome all sides and hope that will help
to create a well rounded book, on real, everyday people.
If you would like to read the archives and comment on one of those
writings, please feel free to do so, and just include a clear reference to
the day that you are writing about, so that I can match them up.
Also, let me know if you want your name, age, or location published or
not, and if you have a web site (or something else) you would like for
me to promote. (one line, less than 30 characters not including spaces)
Thank you in advance, for participating in this exciting and ground
breaking project, my goal is to show the world how real, everyday
people have the wisdom and courage to help shape and change this
new world.
Again, I do not care if you are a writer, or a poet, what your age is, or
anything else, really I just want a chance to hear from/about you,
whoever you are.
I don't care if you are educated or not, I don't care if you can spell or
use proper grammar, and I don't care if your subject and verb match
up, mine don't... (that's what my editor is for :) I can't spell and I don't
live in a world where "rules" matter all that much to me, and I still write
and paint and whatever else comes into my head.
So be brave! Talk to me! Share your truths, comments, and/or
criticisms. You will be treated with respect and gratitude, and I'll never
publish anyone's words with out prior written consent. This is about
exploration of the Human Spirit, Universal Consciousness and Truth(s).
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and thanks in advance for
your contributions.
Growing in Truth, Heather


Notes To A New Moon:
"Few are willing to brave the disapproval of their fellows, the censure of their
colleagues, the wrath of their society. Moral courage is a rarer commodity than bravery
in battle or great intelligence. Yet it is the one essential, vital quality for those who
seek to change the world that yields most painfully to change...
Our future may lie beyond our vision, but it is not completely beyond our control. It is
the shaping impulse of America that neither fate nor nature nor the irresistible tides of
history, but the work of our own hands, matched to reason and principle, that will
determine our destiny. There is pride in that, even arrogance, but there is also
experience and truth. In any event, it is the only way we can live."
--Robert Kennedy in a speech made to youths in South Africa, 1966. (This was
quoted by Ted Kennedy in his eulogy)

*********************************************
Today is April 23, 2004.
As a people, are we yielding most painfully to change?
Last night I was stewing in my yucky-ness, and the news came on, I never
watch the news, it fills me with dread and anxiety. I was just sitting there and I
saw that we lost another soldier today, more people died in the "non" war that we
are having.
I just broke down and cried...you think thats silly?
I can not stand the thought of Humans dying everyday for an unknown
cause.
I do support the troops, I support their families and their friends. I support them,
but I still want them to come home, now. I don't want them killing or being
killed.
It makes my life seem trivial in comparison. So what, I can't get a "day off"
from my grind...get a clue Heather.
I wish that I could "move the world" as Kennedy said in this same speech (in an
earlier part), the only thing I can do for sure is to Vote.
I can try to get rid of Bush and his Dogma.
I can pray for the safety of all the Humans in that area, I can send my love
energy to the families every where that are being ripped apart for this undeclared
"war".
I can keep my life in perspective and be thankful that my mate isn't there right
now. He is a retired Marine.
It was hard to go to sleep last night after seeing the pictures on the news.
I will not watch the news anymore, it really causes me physical pain, and
mental anguish.
When child killers can "play" insane, Presidents can buy their Truths and
positions, when you are forced to choose between corrupt politicians, Cops can
shoot you in your car, and it's not safe to leave your windows open in the
summer heat.
I really needed that jolt to bring me out of my self imposed funk and slap
myself around mentally and scream at the world wake the hell up!
Why are we not in the streets, marching screaming, and making a stink about
this society?
Why?
Because we are living in a world where the only thing that is respected and
worshipped is MONEY.
Money that buys power. Big or small, this land is ruled by one God, Money.
So do you have some?
Well feel good about it, and then go bury it in the back yard, because unless you
use some of it, we are never going to be allowed to pick up our heads and look
around.
We are driven to work and held there in fear by economic slavery.
We are too busy trying to stay afloat, keep a job, get paid for our overtime,
raise our children and save our asses to protest, to speak up and out.
To take to the streets and create a peaceful protest. (I wanted to say cause a
riot, but my mate said you better not say that, remember the Patriot Act is in
effect)
Today, I am going to think about those things.
I am going to send money to the one Organization that I can support right
now...MoveOn.org.
I have 17 dollars to my name...I'm sending 10 of it to them.
I will Vote, I will risk total isolation (social) and talk about politics. I will risk my
neck for those who I believe in.
I believe in a simple fact, that we are all bound by the common bond of being a
single species.
HUMAN.
No human is more or less significant that another.
I will take a stand.
I will fight.
I will not procrastinate.
I will not live in fear of the "man".
I will vote and send letters and walk the streets with like minded people.
I will not sit around and boo-hoo my life, when I have greater things to do.
I will remember the face of the dead soldier I saw last night, and I will not
forget it.
I will do what I can, and I will love my country, my fellow humans worldwide,
and I will continue on my path.
I feel like we could really change the world, if we only worked on ourselves.
Becoming a person who is on a "path" has changed me in profound ways.
It has made my life better, I am happier more often than not, but it has also
strengthened my principles, my morals and my determinations and convictions.
What would happen if we all worked on ourselves? If we all became stronger
and more steady as a people?
A whole nation of thinking, respectful, intellectual, spiritual people.
Motivated by LOVE and not Control?
I don't know, but I am starting with me, and this new World Order, starts
here today, in the fertile ground of my soul.
I have planted my seed, will you?
What do you believe in? What do you think about the state of affairs in this
world? What are you going to do about it?
I was raised a polite southern grrrl, I don't talk about politics or religion in
mixed company, usually.
I am overcoming my training and screaming at the world...let's talk about it, no
spin no agenda, no lies or prejudice.
Let's Talk About The Truth of the Matter.
Let's stop the killing of us and them.
Bring our soldiers Home.
What are you thinking? Tell me. Can you relate?
Just Today, Just Imagine.
Growing In Truth,
H

Read the Notes to a New Moon Archive at
www.heatherspaintedfurniture.com

No comments: